22 Dec Where to see amazing Christmas lights in MTZ
Martinez has incredible holiday spirit and our town celebrates with pizzazz. We might have more fantastic light displays per square mile than anywhere else in the East Bay. What a wonderful tradition to pile into the family SUV with cookies and hot cocoa and cruise the neighborhoods looking at the wonder exhibitions created by our friends and neighbors. Here is a guide to some of the best Christmas light extravaganzas around Martinez.
- 190 Escondido Dr., Off Morello and Morello Heights at the top of Escondido and Gilrix
- Laurel Ct off of Pleasant Hill Rd East, between Alhambra Way and Nancy Boyd Park.
- 225 Valley Glen Ln. Off of Alhambra Ave after Forest Hills but before Elderwood. Bring a pair of new socks to donate to the homeless.
- 503 Isabel Drive. Off of Elderwood, which connects Alhambra and Morello. Near the Morello end of Elderwood, turn on BernardWay, then a quick left on Isabel.
- The corner of Castro & Henrietta, next to City Hall, is a beautiful home elegantly lined in blue/green lights, with a hidden creature in lights on the front rail.
- The Grinch house on Forsythia Way. Off Morello take Midhill all the way up to Forsythia.
- Hospice Tree of Lights on Morello between Midhill and Hwy 4. Stately oak in the center of Morello covered in sponsored lights placed by Hospice commemorating departed loved ones.
- Shell Clubhouse off of Pacheco on your way downtown has a Winter Wonderland of illuminated decorations.
As you are connecting the dots, check out Main Street in all its Christmas livery; the Santa House on Main Street; Center Ave has reports of good holiday cheer; and the neighbors in Westaire try to out do one another every year. For more amazing light displays around the County, check out the Lights of the Valley website.
And give us a call at SF Bay Appraisal when you need professional real estate valuation anywhere in the Bay Area.